Toxicological examinations are expected to show the causes of death of a couple who was found dead yesterday afternoon at their home in the area of Agia Thekla, in Sotira.
The autopsy that was performed in the morning at the Larnaca General Hospital did not show the exact causes of death and as the Medical Examiner Sophocles Sophocleous stated in KYPE, samples were taken from the bodies which will be sent for toxicological examinations.
Yesterday afternoon, information was received at the Famagusta TAE that two people were unconscious in the living room of their home in the area of Agia Thekla, in Sotira.
The information was given to the Police by a friendly person of the couple who was notified by the son of the man who is in Britain, that he could not communicate with his father. The last time the son had telephone contact with his father was last Wednesday.
The couple's friendly face tried to contact him by phone to no avail and so around four in the afternoon he went to the house where from the window he saw the woman unconscious on the living room sofa.
The Police were immediately notified, members of which went to the scene together with men from the Fire Service, opened the house and found the couple lying unconscious on the couch.
Investigations revealed that it was the 60-year-old Briton and his 52-year-old partner from Russia.
From the first investigations of the Police, no external injuries were found in the bodies and the criminal action was ruled out. There was a gas heater in the living room and there was a gas smell in the room.
An autopsy was performed at the scene by medical examiner Angeliki Papetta.
The case is being investigated by the Famagusta Police Department.