The details behind the death of the 76-year-old who suffered an electric shock are shocking

A British permanent resident of Ayia Napa died from an electric shock

IMG 0892 1024x576 1 exclusive, electric shock

A British permanent resident of Ayia Napa died from an electric shock while doing gardening work in the yard of his house.

As Steve Theodoulou, press representative of the Famagusta Police Directorate, reported to KYPE, "yesterday around 09.30 in the morning, information was received at the Agia Napa Police Station by the Ambulance Service about an unconscious man in the yard of a house in the area of ​​Agia Thekla, Agia Napa territory.

Men from the Police Station of Agia Napa, the TAE of Famagusta and the crew of the Ambulance Service went to the scene, and found a man in the yard of the house, who had a wound to his hand and head."

He added that "the man was transferred to the General Hospital of Paralimni where the doctors on duty pronounced him dead. It is about William Edward, 76 years old from Britain, who resided permanently in Ayia Napa with his wife."

According to the first testimonies obtained by the Police, "it appears that the 76-year-old man was doing gardening work in the yard of his house at the time. However, in his attempt to remove a fuse from an extension cord that he had connected to an electrical supply, under circumstances that are being investigated, he appears to have been electrocuted, which entered/exited through his finger and head."

As Mr. Theodoulou said, "the scene was photographed by the men of the TAE Famagusta and various documents were received for examination. Members of the Electromechanical Service also went to the scene and received the extension for tests, while no loss of electricity was detected from the tests they carried out on the sockets of the house".

He also stated that at around 12 noon, the prescribed autopsy on the body of the unfortunate 76-year-old is expected to be carried out by the Head of the Medical Examiner's Service, Angeliki Papetta.

The Agia Napa Police Station is investigating the case.