Research from Harvard University shows the 10 characteristics of happy and successful people.
So the Harvard Business School research shows that people who have experienced great and long-lasting success have different habits and behaviors than an ordinary person.
The habits and behaviors, according to the research, are the following:
1. Successful people are passionate
2. They swim against the current. To be truly successful and happy, you need to pursue your passions and values, regardless of cost. Just think of what people would have lost if Bill Gates or Richard Branson had decided to make a safe career and stay in school, or if Stephen King had not spent every free second he had to write novels.
3. They finish what they start. The researchers concluded that a great idea means absolutely nothing if it is not executed by someone.
4. They are durable. People who are successful and happy in the long run have learned to make mistakes, look like idiots, and try again and again.
5. Give priority to their health. As much as you may not believe it, there is a strong link between your health, happiness and success. Daily habits such as a good night's sleep (fights stress, improves concentration and is essential for good mood), a healthy diet (helps concentration), and intense exercise.
6. They do not stand in trouble. Successful and happy people do not pay a penny for the problems they face, as they believe that they are more effective when they focus on solutions.
7. Celebrate other people's successes. Insecure people constantly doubt their importance, and because of this, they try to steal the limelight and criticize others in order to prove their worth.
8. They live outside the norm. Successful people are in control of almost every single situation.
9. They are open-minded. It is wrong to associate with people who are different from you and to try to impose your views on them.
10. They do not let anyone limit their joy. When your sense of pleasure and satisfaction depends on comparing yourself to others, you are no longer in control of yourself and your own happiness.