Greece: A drunk man threatened police officers that he would... spit on them and they would get AIDS

He drank and did everything...

310177305 630943071773291 1756061570914285177 n.jpg

He drank and did everything…

A 44-year-old man from Voliotis cursed policemen who went to arrest him early yesterday morning in a bar in N. Ionia, because he was drunk and created an incident.

The perpetrator "washed" the police officers with curses and, among other things, threatened them that he would spit on them and that they would contract Aids... The man was beside himself, attacked the police officers, disobeyed their orders and in the detention center where he was transferred, he tried to injure himself by hitting the his head against the wall.

The accused was arrested an hour after midnight yesterday in a bar in S. Ionia, as he had been drinking since noon, he started with tsipoura, then with beers and in the evening at the bar he drank whiskey... The result was that he found himself out of his mind and aggressive, arguing with other patrons and start breaking things in the bar.

The Police were called to the scene to arrest him and then the defendant attacked and assaulted two police officers, violently pushing them away and kicking them, so that they would not bring him to the Volos Police Station.

He also refused to enter the patrol car for a data check, while at the detention center of A.T. Volos, where he was taken, was in a furious state, shouting loudly and screaming and tried to injure himself by hitting his head against the wall!

The 44-year-old faced charges of violence against employees, intimidation, disruption of a public service, serial abuse and serial threats.

According to the indictment, the man swore and shouted "I'll spit on you so you get AIDS".

The man was taken yesterday to the Autoforo Three-member Criminal Court of Volos, where he claimed that he had started drinking tsipoura at noon, continued with beers and finally drank whiskey, as a result of which he did not know what he was saying and what he was doing. Finally, the 44-year-old was sentenced to 16 months in prison.