Before the appellant investigator the Traffic Inspector OSE – What will he support

The traffic inspector of the OSE passes through the door of the special appellate investigator

B398992A 1C44 4333 B8CC C93C6C8E62E8

Today, March 30, the traffic inspector of the OSE who was responsible for the night shifts of the tragic train accident in Tempe passes the door of the special appellate investigator.

The inspector's apology will be made with an 80-page memorandum. He himself, as the person responsible for who was at which station, how many hours he worked and what duties he had, has argued that according to the shift schedule that had been drawn up, both afternoon station masters had to be on duty by 23.00:23.00 p.m. It should be noted that the train passed shortly after XNUMX.

A key point of the case is, however, the fact that the 59-year-old station master had little experience in this specialty to be able to adequately manage the tasks of such a critical, central post as that of Larissa. So what needs to be answered is why he placed himself in this position so early alone.

He denies the accusations attributed to him, while what has to do with the sick leave he took the day after the accident - an element not included in the indictment - according to his lawyer, has nothing to do with the accusation attributed, as he received it later and after he has given statements as a witness to the Larissa traffic police and voluntarily to the criminal investigation officer.

"There are too many things. In due course we will add a lot of evidence and it is certain that in his apology he will not hide anything and will say what he has to say," his lawyer Giannis Glykas told ERT.
It is recalled that both the traffic inspector and the three station masters are accused of felony traffic disruption, homicide and serial negligent bodily harm.

In addition to the night stationmaster who is in custody, the other two afternoon stationmasters were released on bail and conditions pending trial.

The pre-arrested 59-year-old Larissa station master in his apology had blamed both the contracted and the permanent station master. He had claimed that the first left at 22:15 and the second 10 minutes later – both before 23.00:XNUMX – leaving him alone to oversee the traffic.

The permanent station master in his apology invoked the OSE Traffic Regulation, which states in its paragraphs that from the moment the next one takes over, he and not the previous station master is responsible and that, since the shift station master arrived at 22:00 p.m., the resident could leave, because it is justified by the regulation. As for the intervention with correction fluid on the graph paper, he said it was done to cover a smudge.

For his part, the contracted station master pointed out that he was an auxiliary, he did not have the responsibility and the first role in the movement of trains, while he insisted that his schedule was 8 hours, which was valid after a verbal agreement with his superior, as under contract he could not be paid overtime, and that his shift ended at 10 p.m.

Source: ertnews