USA: "He needs to toughen up" wrote the father who abused his 6-year-old son in a gym hallway

From the first day they met, the 31-year-old abused the 6-year-old

Screenshot 3 1 US, abuse, father

The evidence presented in the court in which 31-year-old Christopher Gregor, who is accused of the abuse and death of his 6-year-old son Corey, is being tried is chilling.

After the shocking video of the - almost - torture that the child suffered on a gym treadmill "to lose weight", as his father said, text messages sent by the 31-year-old to Corey's mother were presented to the court.

That is, when the 6-year-old's mother sent him a message not to hurt the child, then the father replied "he should probably be tougher because now he is very sensitive".

According to what was presented in court, the 31-year-old appeared in Corey's life when he turned six. In their first meeting, in fact, the boy returned to his mother with a slap on the lips, with her not believing the 31-year-old's excuse that he accidentally kicked the child while they were playing football.

She now says that for more than a year after that encounter the little boy was abused by the 31-year-old, adding that the gym treadmill was a form of punishment by the accused for the child.

In the court hearing the case of the death of 6-year-old Cory in the US, the little boy is seen suffering while his accused father pushes him to run on a treadmill at high speed "to lose weight".

In the video, little Corey can be seen falling down the aisle with his father repeatedly picking him up to put him back on the instrument. At one point, in fact, the 31-year-old appears to bite the child on the head to force him to return to the corridor.

Apparently the speed of the treadmill was so fast that the 6-year-old boy was falling and crawling to get back on the machine.

corey usa abuse father dad US, abuse, father

Some 24 hours after the torturous exercise for the 6-year-old, his mother, who has joint custody of the boy with the 31-year-old, took Corey to the doctor, where the child revealed what he had been through in the hallway.

The next day the accused father took the child to the hospital again as the boy woke up with difficulty breathing, confusion and nausea. When the doctors subjected him to an MRI the boy had a seizure from which he never recovered despite the doctors' efforts to keep him alive.

The first post-mortem examination showed that the 6-year-old died of blunt force trauma to the heart and liver. Corey's father was arrested in July 2021 and faces a life sentence.