The 64-year-old man, who died from an electric shock, leaves behind two children

The unfortunate head of the family was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he was pronounced dead

bb asthenoforo Police, electrocution

The Paphos Police in collaboration with the Electromechanical Service are today continuing the examinations in a mansion in the village of Argaka, where a 64-year-old father of two minor girls from Argaka was tragically killed by an electric shock early Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Police, the 64-year-old was allegedly electrocuted while performing work in a private mansion and while trying to repair the swimming pool of the residence.

Specifically, according to the Assistant Police Director of Paphos Operations, Michalis Nikolaou, the 64-year-old was allegedly holding an impact drill, the well-known kango, in his hands, with the aim of opening a groove for the replacement of the pool equipment when, under circumstances that are being investigated, he hit an active cable that was in the ground and which was not even covered with a plastic tube.

Relatives searched for the 64-year-old when he did not answer their calls, finding him unconscious in the yard of the residence.

The unfortunate head of the family was taken by ambulance to the City of Chrysochous Hospital where it was found that he was dead.

From the first moment, the EAC crew took measures by isolating the supply to the residence, which is mainly rented out during the summer season.

The scheduled autopsy on the body of the 64-year-old will be performed on Friday at 09:30 at the Mortuary of General Hospital of Paphos.

Source: KYPE