The Vaccination Portal is open this morning for arranging vaccination appointments for people aged 12 and over.
Within the framework of the Ministerial Decision, the Ministry of Health informs about the procedure to be followed for the vaccination of minors:
1. The parents / legal guardians, as well as the Personal Doctors of the children, can arrange an appointment for the minor through the Vaccination Portal, choosing a mRNA technology vaccine (Pfizer / BioNTech and Moderna) as the only ones currently approved by the European Medicines Agency vaccines for use in people 12 years of age and older.
2. During their origin in the Vaccination Centers for its administration 1th dose of the vaccine, minors should necessary to provide the following evidence:
- Written Consent Form for Parents / Guardians for Vaccination of a Minor with Vaccine for COVID-19 signed by both parents / guardians, unless legally (upon presentation of a relevant Court decision) this is not necessary. The Form should be delivered to the Vaccination Centers upon their arrival.
- Identification document of the minor (eg identity card, passport, Alien Registration Card, etc.).
- In case the minor will be accompanied by the parents / guardians (or one of the two), they will have to present an identification document. The Form is presented to the staff of the Vaccination Center for identification purposes.
3. Upon arrival at the Vaccination Center for its administration 2th dose, minors must present an identity card or other official identification document for the purpose of verifying their details.
4. When vaccinated both on 1η dose as at 2η dose, the minor may be accompanied by an adult other than his / her parents / legal guardians. In this case, the health professionals at the Vaccination Center will contact the parent / legal guardian by telephone prior to vaccination to confirm that the adult accompanying the child has been designated by the parent / legal guardian.
Strict adherence to the above is recommended, in order to avoid any delay in attending and staying at the Vaccination Center.