The protocol for the administration of the medicinal product Molnupiravir 200mg hard capsules, for the treatment of the disease, enters into force today in Cyprus COVID-19.
Below is the detailed information about the pill:
- Oral antiviral drug
- Treatment of the disease COVID-19 in adults
- Available in 200mg capsules
- It is administered in the dose of 800mg (4 capsules of 200mg) every 12 hours, for 5 days
Mechanism of Action and Effectiveness
It reduces the ability of the SARS-CoV-2 virus to multiply in the body by increasing the number of mutations in the genetic material of the virus (known as RNA), in a way that adversely affects the ability of the SARS-CoV-2 to multiply.
Reducing the risk of hospitalization or death in people with the disease COVID-19 who are at greater risk of serious illness.
To whom it is granted
- In patients with laboratory confirmed (PCR or Rapid Ag Test) mild or moderate disease COVID-19 που do not need hospitalization, within 5 days from the date of onset of symptoms or the date of the test (whichever occurs first) and with at least one risk factor
- Approved protocol of the Ministry of Health
- Age > 65 years old ή
- Age> 18 years and high risk group (according to the list of the Ministry of Health with the categories of citizens with risk factors for serious illness from COVID-19)
How it is prescribed
- To eligible patients who meet the criteria of the protocol
- Through GESS System Information System by contractors with OAY
- Personal Doctors in the upcoming years, while
- Doctors of Specialties
How it is available
- Hospital pharmacies of OKYPY
- A special recipe
- No completion
- It should be taken as soon as possible and within 5 days of the onset of symptoms or the date of the test (whichever occurs first).
- The most frequent side effects it is usually mild to moderate intensity and include dizziness, headache, and gastrointestinal upset such as vomiting and diarrhea.
- Not recommended during pregnancyOf breastfeeding and in women who may become pregnant and who do not use effective contraception.
- Not administered into a pediatricians patients.
Reporting possible side effects
Through the national reporting system to the Pharmaceutical Services of the Ministry of Health with electronic submission to the link Yellow card or to the following contact details:
Ministry of Health
Tel: + 357 22608607
Fax: + 357 22608669
High risk groups *
• Pre-existing Chronic Respiratory Disease (eg severe bronchial asthma, patient on chronic oxygen therapy or non-invasive ventilation [CPAP or BiPaP] at home, severe pulmonary hypertension (NYHA III and IV), severe pulmonary disease lobectomy).
• Severe Chronic Renal Failure (creatinine clearance below 15 ml / min and dialysis).
• Cardiac arrhythmia with permanent defibrillator or heart disease with permanent defibrillator and ventricular pacemaker.
• Heart failure of any etiology (ischemic or non-ischemic) stage according to NYHA III or IV.
• Cardiovascular disease:
• Recent acute coronary syndrome or revascularization surgery: angioplasty or stent implantation in the last 12 months,
Aorto-coronary bypass (CABG - bypass) in the last 12 months, and
• Recent SLE in the last 12 months or with established neurological semiology.
• Cardiomyopathies (History of documented myocarditis, hypertrophic, dilated, invasive (amyloidosis))
• Congenital heart disease after surgical correction with significant residual damage or non-corrected congenital heart disease with significant residual damage.
Active use of biological agents (eg TNF inhibitors, interleukin inhibitors) or other immunosuppressive drugs.
• Active chronic corticosteroids (≥20mg prednisone or its equivalent for ≥ 1 month)
• Patients with a history of solid organ or hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
• Patients with solid or hematologic malignancy receiving chemotherapy or radiation or immunotherapy.
• HIV patients or patients with CD4 lymphocyte count <200 / mm3.
• Hereditary or acquired immunodeficiencies.
• Patients with Hemoglobinopathy falling into Category C - Patients at Very High Risk, according to the recommendations of the International Thalassemia Federation