Answers to frequently asked questions about the decisions of the Council of Ministers - July 30, 2021
1. In which places the presentation is required SafePass;
In all indoor and outdoor areas as well as premises where, compliance with distancing measures according to the respective guidelines and health protocols, there is Possibility of gathering more than 10 persons, including employees, is required for persons 12 years of age and older SafePass. It is recalled that the areas where the SafePass presentation is required include retail, beverage and food retailers, restaurants, nightclubs, etc.
The companies / establishments take care to indicate in a prominent space outside their business / premises, the maximum number of customers that are allowed to be in the area. In addition, it is required as stated in a prominent space outside their business / establishment, whether or not the presentation of SafePass is required, taking into account both the number of employees and customers.
For example, it is not necessary to present a SafePass, since in a bakery or mini-market, based on the square meters, 6 customers are allowed to be present at the time and there are 4 employees. In a retail store the presentation of SafePass is required since, based on the square meters, the space is allowed to have 7 customers and 4 employees.
Excluded from the obligation to present SafePass are beaches, parks and linear parks, dams, squares, nature trails and picnic areas.
2. What is required to enter private or OKYPY hospitals?
For admission to private sector or OKYPY hospitals, all persons aged 12 and over must own and present SafePass. The measure affects them both visitors as well as outpatients, while it is understood that employees must have SafePass, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Decree.
3. What is required to enter a nursing home and other closed structures?
For access to nursing homes and other closed care facilities for the elderly and vulnerable, all persons 12 years of age and older must hold and present either vaccination certificate, either certificate of recovery from the disease COVID-19 within the last 180 days either negative test result PCR with a power of 72 hours. This measure is observed by both visitors and employees in these areas. It is understood that in addition the guidelines and health protocols of the Ministry of Social Welfare and the Ministry of Health are observed.
4. What applies to non-permanent residents in the Republic to secure SafePass;
All the non-permanent residents in the Republic entering through the legal gateways must, for SafePass purposes, be Present it CyprusFlightPassport for the first 7 days of their stay in the Republic. From 7ηday after their arrival (day of arrival is considered day 0) and for as long as they remain in the Republic, they must be examined PCR ή fasttestantigen, for Secure SafePass purposes. Holders of a vaccination certificate or recovery certificate are exempted from the obligation to perform a test as mentioned above. COVID-19 within the last 180 days.
5. Are minors vaccinated?
Yes, from Monday, August 2, 2021, Vaccination of people aged 12-15 is allowedwith technology vaccines m (Pfizer / BioNTech and Moderna), following the recommendation by the Cyprus Pediatric Society and the Scientific Advisory Committee on the coronavirus.
Vaccination of people aged 12-17 years is done with Necessary signed consent from both parents / legal guardians, according to the procedure followed by the Ministry of Health.
6. What will apply to the festivals?
Festivals are allowed only in adjacent places of religious worship, meaning that all attendees own SafePass, including employees. The organizers of the festivals they must necessarily inform and obtain a permit by the Health Services of the Ministry of Health, sending an e-mail to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Which groups of the population will be entitled to test in the mobile sampling units through the free program of the Ministry of Health?
With the necessary presentation of the evidence for identification purposes, the following groups can conduct a free rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health:
- The minors up to 17 years old. It is understood that children aged 12-17, who do not have the consent of their parents / legal guardians for vaccination, can perform a free rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
- The persons 18 years of age and older who cannot be vaccinated with a medical certificate, and after their request is examined by the Pancyprian Medical Association and the Ministry of Health and the relevant approval is given.
- The pregnant women, who for medical reasons cannot be vaccinated, with the necessary presentation of a medical certificate from their Gynecologists. It is clarified that from 1η Until August 7, pregnant women will be able to present to the sampling units a medical certificate from their gynecologist confirming that the vaccination is not recommended. From 8 August onwards, the procedure must be followed to secure the relevant approval from the Pancyprian Medical Association and the Ministry of Health.
- The people who have been vaccinated with 1ηdose of the vaccine, for the period of three weeks which must be tested as a prerequisite for the SafePass version. The Vaccination Card must be presented for verification purposes.
- The individuals who have completed their vaccination regimen, but wish to be tested for their health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the Vaccination Card must be submitted.
- The people who own it certificate of recovery from the disease COVID-19 within the last 180 days, but wish to be tested for their health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the certificate of recovery must be presented.
The Ministry of Health, in the context of monitoring the epidemiological situation in the country, will continue the controls in closed structures, in nursing homes and in other places where people at high risk and / or belong to vulnerable groups of the population live / are accommodated.