Clarifications from the Ministry of Health regarding safepass and its use
What are the acceptable conditions for SafePass;
A necessary condition for going to specific places is the presentation of one of the following evidences:
- Vaccination certificate with at least one dose and after 3 weeks have elapsed, or
- Proof that a person has contracted the disease COVID-19 the last 6 months, or
- If one of the above does not apply, and as a temporary solution until the vaccination coverage is further advanced, the citizens aged 12 and over are given the option to present a certificate of negative test, PCR or rapid test, valid for 72 hours.
In which places is the presentation necessary? SafePass;
People aged 12 and over must have a SafePass and present in case of control by authorized officials, in the following premises / companies:
- Dining areas (restaurants, cafes, bars, snack bars, etc.)
- Places of religious worship
- Indoor theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas and performing arts halls
- Shopping malls and retail stores
- Social events such as weddings, baptisms and funerals
- Gyms, dance schools and other sports schools, according to the guidelines of the Cyprus Sports Organization
- Nursing homes, nursing homes, accommodation facilities for the chronically ill and other closed structures
- Hotels and tourist accommodation
- Conferences, trade fairs
In which places the presentation is not required SafePass;
The presentation of SafePass it is not mandatory to go to the following places:
- Outdoor areas of restaurants
- Hairdressers, beauty salons
- Departments / Services of public service of the private, public and wider public sector
- Gambling and betting companies
- Flea markets, supermarkets, bakeries, butchers, fishmongers, fruit shops, mini-markets, kiosks, pharmacies
- Outdoor excursions, dams and zoos.
Which certificates are accepted as SafePass;
SafePass for negative test result coronavirus (PCR or rapid test) is presented at hardcopy, as given by the sampling point or laboratory or at text message format sent to men's cell phone. If it is a SafePass vaccine, the Vaccination Card given to Vaccination Centers. In cases of people who had contracted the disease COVID-19 in the last 6 months, the text recovery message sent to citizens.
Who is responsible for controlling the occupation SafePass;
They are responsible for controlling SafePass possession only the Officers of the Police or the competent Ministries / Departments carrying out audits according to the companies falling within their areas of responsibility. Business / establishment managers are not responsible to control SafePass and citizens are not required to present the SafePass in their possession to unauthorized persons.