The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 21, 2022:
- 3 deaths were reported with the final cause of the disease COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 703.
- 242 patients COVID-19 of which 84 are in serious condition. 70,67% of patients do not have a history of vaccination.
- 18 post-COVID patients who have ceased to be infectious (declassified cases), continue to be treated intubated in a serious condition due to COVID in an Intensive Care Unit.
- A total of 106,444 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
- 2,192 (positivity rate: 2,06%) new cases of the disease COVID-19 were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid tests, bringing the total number of cases to 232,161 based on the National Report.
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from the disease COVID-19:
The 3 deaths reported with the ultimate cause of death attributed to the disease COVID-19, relate to:
- A woman, 86 years old, who ended up on January 19 at the Limassol General Hospital.
- An 85-year-old man who died on January 20 at the Limassol General Hospital.
- An 73-year-old man who died on January 9 at the Limassol General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with the ultimate cause of the disease COVID-19 amounts to 703, of which:
- 442 men (62,9%), and
- 261 women (37,1%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 76 years.
In total, 242 patients of the disease are treated in the hospitals of OKYPY COVID-19, of which 84 in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 84 patients in serious condition, 33 are intubated, 5 are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 46 to an intensive care unit.
The situation in the hospitals is as follows:
|Hospital||Chamber||Number of Patients|
|Intensive Care Unit||12|
|Intensive Care Unit||9|
|Intensive Care Unit||16|
|Intensive Care Unit||4|
|Intensive Care Unit||5|
|Intensive Care Units
|Except for a respirator||5|
C. Positive incidents COVID-19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 106,444 diagnoses made, 6,557 were made by molecular method (PCR) and 99,887 by the method of antigen rapid test, 2192 cases of the disease were identified. COVID-19, which emerged as follows:
- 53 cases from 553 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 23 cases of 1,855 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 323 cases from 3,768 samples taken through private initiative.
- 33 cases from 324 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1,176 cases from 50,564 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories and pharmacies.
- 585 cases from 49,323 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
- Cases from 3 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
In detail, the rapid antigen tests (rapid test) through the program of the Ministry of Health were carried out today as follows:
|Province / Sector||Test number||Number of positives|
The figures mentioned in the announcement are indicative and may vary based on the final and up-to-date data sent in the context of the National Epidemiological Risk Report published every second Friday.