A 56-year-old man is being treated in critical condition at the burn clinic of the Nicosia General Hospital.
According to Mr. Nikolaou, at 19:10 on Saturday, information was received about a fire in an apartment. Members of the Fire Department and the Paphos Police Department went to the scene and further investigation revealed that the fire broke out while the occupant of the apartment was preparing food. According to the tests, the explosion was caused by a loss of LPG from the cylinder.
The 56-year-old was initially transferred to the Accident and Emergency Department of the Paphos General Hospital. According to the doctor on duty, he has extensive first, second and third degree burns all over his body. Due to the seriousness of the injuries, the 56-year-old was transported yesterday Sunday to the burn clinic of the Nicosia General Hospital.