An infant who was electrocuted is fighting for his life

A 22-month-old boy is fighting for his life, who appears to have been electrocuted

makario nosokomeio2 INFANT, electric shock

A 22-month-old boy is fighting for his life, who seems to have suffered an electric shock while he was in the living room of his house, in the Ypsona area, in Limassol.

According to police sources, the incident occurred around 9 am, when his 37-year-old mother, who was working in the kitchen, found her child unconscious in the living room, next to a vacuum cleaner, which was plugged into the socket.

The little boy was taken by ambulance to the First Aid Department of the Limassol General Hospital, where it was found that he had suffered a cardiorespiratory arrest. After superhuman efforts by doctors and nurses, he recovered and was intubated.

Due to the criticality of his condition, he was transported by ambulance and police escort to Makarios Hospital in Nicosia.

Officers and members of the Police went to the scene for examinations, in collaboration with officials of the Department of Electromechanical Services.

Source: KYPE