The extraordinary Holy Synod which took decisions on the funeral of the Archbishop of Cyprus Chrysostomos ended early at noon. The decisions were announced by the Metropolitan of Paphos who is also the Guardian of the Throne.
It is reminded that in the afternoon at 18.00 an extraordinary Council of Ministers will be held.
The decalogue of decisions
1. The death of the blessed Archbishop of Cyprus Mr. Chrysostomos was announced to the Primate Patriarchs and Presidents of the Orthodox Autocephalous and Autocephalous and Autonomous Churches as well as to the Leaders of the other Christian Confessions.
2. Ecclesiastical mourning was declared until the day of the exodus service.
3. A book of condolences was opened at the Office of the late Archbishop from 10 am on November 8th until 12 am on November 11th.
4. The body of the blessed Archbishop of Cyprus was exposed in a popular pilgrimage to the Cathedral of the Apostle Barnabas from the morning of Thursday, November 10 until the day of the burial.
5. To hold the exodus service on Saturday, November 12 at 12 noon at the Cathedral of the Apostle Barnabas.
6. After the members of the Holy Synod of the Church of Cyprus, the ATHP Archbishop of Constantinople and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew will preside over the exodus procession.
7. That a funeral service be pronounced on behalf of the Church of Cyprus by the Most Reverend Metropolitan George of Paphos, custodian of the Archbishop's Throne.
8. That all the bells of the Holy churches of the Island should ring mournfully during the time of the funeral and that the flags should remain at half-mast throughout the ecclesiastical mourning.
9. To bury the body of the migrant in the grave prepared for this purpose under the Cathedral according to his expressed wish. For 40 days, a Divine Liturgy will be celebrated daily in the Cathedral, for the repose of the soul of the late Archbishop.
10. To be celebrated under His Eminence the Metropolitan of Paphos Holy Liturgy and Trisay in the Cathedral on Sunday, November 13. Trisayas will be held during the Divine Liturgy of the day in all the holy temples of Cyprus.
The Holy Synod calls the faithful people of Cyprus to join together in prayers for the repose of the soul of the blessed Archbishop Chrysostom and for the recording of his holy name in the eternal memory of God.