- 2 3/4 cups teaspoon flour for all uses
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup teaspoon butter, cold, diced
- 1 cup of sweet potato puree (from about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1/3 cup teaspoon cold buttermilk
- Melted butter, for spreading
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and place a grease gun in a pan.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the butter and mix the mixture by hand. Add the sweet potato puree and buttermilk and mix until it starts to combine into a uniform dough.
Place the dough on a clean surface and knead for a few minutes with your hands.
Spread the dough evenly, cut the cookies with the cutter of your choice and place in the pan with the oil paste. Smear the tops of the cookies with the melted butter and bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.