Koronovios / Cyprus: These are the 9 new measures decided by the Ministry
Detailed 9 new measures
New measures were decided by the Council of Ministers, today Monday 13 December. The new measures were announced by the Minister of Health at noon of the same day.
The unvaccinated were put under the microscope again and for that additional measures were taken while the Ministry gave the green light to the vaccination of children 5-11.
Detailed 9 new measures
1. From 16 December 2021, the vaccination against Covid-19 of children aged 5-11 years, with the vaccinations being carried out in Maternity Protection and Child Welfare Centers of the Ministry of Health in all provinces
2. From December 15, 2021 to January 15, 2022, vaccinated individuals who have been declared as close contacts of a confirmed positive case are required to undergo a rapid antigen detection test within 72 hours and on the 7th day a free PCR laboratory examination through Public Health clinics. Excluded are those who received the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine.
3. From December 15, 2021, the mandatory restriction of individuals whose sequencing of positive samples concerns the Omicron strain or any possible future mutation, in areas to be indicated by the Ministry of Health. It is understood that the contacts of the specific cases are obliged to remain in self-restraint, regardless of vaccination coverage, following the protocol of the Ministry of Health
4. The review on January 15, 2022 of the previous decision of the Council of Ministers for the abolition of SafePass to those individuals who do not receive the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine against Covid-19 after 6 + 1 months. It is clarified that for individuals who have passed the period of 7 months from the second dose of the vaccine for the two-dose vaccines and for the single-dose vaccine, for Safe Pass purposes they should undergo a 72-hour PCR laboratory test and a 48-hour rapid antigen detection test.
5. As of December 15, 2021, the exemption from the mandatory SafePass possession control through the CovScan Cyprus application of persons who have been proven and after a decision of the Medical Council is not recommended to be vaccinated. These individuals should show the special card issued to them by the Ministry of Health and at the same time a Rapid laboratory test or PCR test on a weekly basis with a negative result.
6. From 15 December 2021 until 31 January 2022, entry to social events such as weddings, christenings and restaurants within the hotel units should be allowed only to persons who have received at least one dose of the vaccine, provided that they have a negative result PCR or Rapid antigen detection test. The previous decision of the Council of Ministers also applies to the following spaces: indoor and outdoor stadiums, theaters, cinemas, theaters, music and dance centers, entertainment centers and restaurants.
7. The cancellation unless the health protocols of the Christmas events organized by companies, organizations and associations are followed indoors and outdoors.
8. From 15 December 2021, passengers arriving in the Republic of Cyprus, are required to undergo a rapid antigen Rapid test after 72 hours from the day of arrival. The rapid antigen test will be provided free of charge through the sampling points of the Ministry of Health, presenting the boarding pass and identification document (identity card, passport). Excluded are those who received the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine.
9. From 15 December 2021, the reduction of the time period to 5 months and two weeks instead of 6 months, for the administration of the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine