The fire started from a defective fireplace chimney and then spread to the wooden roof of the house
A fire in a chimney of a ground floor house occurred last night in Dromolaxia at 22:25.
According to the Fire Department, the fire started from a defective fireplace chimney and then spread to the wooden roof of the house.
To extinguish the fire, the roof was partially demolished. The fire caused damage to the wooden roof of the house and no one was in danger.
The fire was extinguished by members of the Fire Service using a windshield wiper and breathing apparatus.
The fire was brought under control at 22:57.
According to the Ministry of Defense, 2 staffed firefighting vehicles from the Larnaca Fire Station responded to extinguish the fire.